It's been a busy week...... On Monday I dismantled the computers and tidied up the cable spaghetti that connected everything together. It's all in the one box - I just have to hope that I can figure out how to put it all back together.
Then I set to work and put the first coat of paint on walls and ceiling of that little part of the studio. On Tuesday morning I went back in and painted the second coat.
We were blessed with beautiful, calm, sunny weather and managed to fit in a walk across to
On Thursday afternoon we caught the ferry home and then on Friday it was back to work.
Rachel and I made a start on painting the woodwork - which first of all involved clearing away all the cobwebs (a bit embarassing just how grotty it had got - must buy a cobweb brush for The Workshop!). I am not sure when the woodwork was last painted, but we didn't do it when we first moved into the studio 7 years ago, so it is possibly 10 or 15 years since it was last done - in a rather grim dark reddish brown eggshell finish. I have always hated it but never had time to do anything about it till now.
We got a lot of the boring grey undercoat done on Friday. I was slightly hampered by the porch light having blown, so first task this morning was to replace the light fitting with a nice bright LED fitting, and then I finished off the undercoating (at least as much as is currently accessible), then treated myself to painting one window and the front door with the lovely turquoise paint I had got. Looking good, but it might need a second coat.Rachel made a really neat job of this window - but it took a long time to be so careful. This morning I bought a paint scraper for shaving the paint off glass - tested it on a little bit of stray paint on the door from yesterday and decided it was going to be quicker to be careless with the painting and scrape off the excess afterwards.